Monday, April 14, 2008

Delicious

I made the cupcakes for a bake sale fundraiser at church, and finally remembered to take a picture. I contributed two boxes of a dozen minis each, and one box sold for $25 and one for $30. Yes, there was a bit of a bidding war. They were filled with ganache and topped with cream cheese frosting.



And here's something else delicious from the weekend: the Wizard in the seersucker suit that used to be his brother's. I originally bought it at a resale shop. Newton wore it with a pale yellow shirt which has gone missing in the intervening years. I suppose he could wear a lemon yellow shirt that's getting too small, but yesterday he just wore a white one.



Mavis's birthday was last Friday, and we've managed to string out the celebrating just a little bit. Friday Mavis's dad stayed with the kids while we went out to dinner. Mavis wanted Indian food, so we went to Vindalho, and it was simply fantastic. I brought my leftovers home, and today for lunch Mavis's dad and I shared toasted cheese topped with various chutneys: fresh coriander (aka cilantro), red onion-date and pear-ginger. Wow.

Sunday evening we had J&J and crew over for dinner, and Mavis's dad made a Moroccan couscous with chicken and root vegetables, spiced with cinnamon (and other spices too, but the cinnamon was predominant). For dessert we had brownie sundaes, which were good in spite of the brownies being overcooked due to a timer/attention issue.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Being one of the very lucky winners of the cupcakes, I can wholeheartedly state they are the best cupcakes I have ever tasted. Hands down. They were worth every penny (okay, dollar).

Swizzies said...

I so want some of those cakes!!!

Tanner Family Blog said...

those look delicious! Have you heard of Sprinkles Cupcakes?

Anonymous said...

Sprinkles is the one in LA? I've heard of it, but never been there. I've been to both Saint Cupcake and Cupcake Jones here in town. They're good, but it's so much cheaper to make my own, and I personally think mine are better (Sara's had both, and judging from her above comment, I think she'd agree). Of course, I don't have as many flavors available at one time. ;)

Come on over Rach, and I promise I'll have cupcakes!