Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Vacay: Utah II

The bulk of our second Utah stint was spent in a cabin in Midway having a reunion of my immediate family: 2 parents, 6 kids, 6 spouses, 14 grandkids. One not overly-large 5-bedroom house WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING. Do not try this at home. :) While there were a few tense episodes between the adults, the kids got along swimmingly.

I somehow managed to catch the 2004-2005 grandkids sitting more or less still: Bud (aka Mr. Mini-Sis), Miss Pea, Captain Tornado and the Wizard (15 months separate the four of them).



The babies loved the froggy pool: George, Cindy Lou and Big. See that tongue on Cindy Lou? She sticks it out All. The. Time. (only 5 months' span)





Good thing the bigger kids didn't mind sharing their pool!



I'm including three shots of my parents with the grandkids, so you can see just how impossible it is to have everyone looking in the same direction at the same time, let alone smiling. Poor Big--it was just his turn to be unhappy about the group shot (in earlier shots, with many fewer grandchildren, it was Newton who was just having none of it).





Phew! After the reunion, we had a day to do laundry and pack everything up (plus schlep to Ogden for Mary Ellen's birthday party), then hit the road on Monday. We only had to get to Boise that day, so we had time to visit more grandmothers on our way out of town. As I said, I forgot to snap pics of the kids with Formidable Grandmother, but I did get these cute shots with Mavis's grandmother, Grandma Paris:


4 comments:

Sara said...

I love that Cindy Lou is constantly sticking out her tongue. It is just too cute for school.

The Laundry Queen said...

It would be great if we could ever manage to snap a shot of Big, Cindy Lou and George, all with their tongues sticking out. When it wasn't one of them, it was another.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yeah, relatives in MD kept remarking on her tongue. I guess it's not normal for kids outside of our family. :)

Tanner Family Blog said...

I love the fam pic. of your parents and the grandkids - what a great family!

Also - just the thought of being in a house without air conditioning as a family makes me nervous.