Monday, July 14, 2008

Nine Months Old

Cindy Lou is 9 months old, though sometimes and in some ways she seems older. You look into her eyes and you just know she thinks she's at least a toddler on the inside (though she doesn't have toddler skillz). She now has six teeth. She loves water in bathtubs and baby pools, but so far (we've tried twice) public swimming pools make her very unhappy. She's started saying things, or at least making different noises to mean different things: "ma ma ma" when she's tired and wants me to nurse her; "ah!" when she sees one of her brothers and wants to get his attention; "ba ba" sometimes to say goodbye and sometimes for other things. She just started waving goodbye, and if you say, "Let's play pattycake," she'll start clapping her hands (though she's at a loss when you get to the "roooooll it" part). Finally, she no longer rolls to get around, she breaststrokes. She's getting pretty fast at it, too!









4 comments:

Audrey said...

Too cute! Sarah has that same brown top! It's a small, chain-store filled world.
Jason got his first tooth and if he could clap his hands together, he would do so whenever I lifted my shirt. "Uhh-uhh-ahhhh."
Audrey

Anonymous said...

I didn't get it at the chain store--I bought it on eBay! I found those bloomers and the matching babydoll top on the clearance rack at the store, in a smaller size, and fell in love with the color combo. In her current size she has what you see here, PLUS the babydoll top, cropped jeans, magenta solid/print sundress, crocheted shrug, and a coordinating plain brown cap-sleeved onesie from another vendor. I am weak.

Anonymous said...

JaneAnne - I rarely look at my blog, and I loved your comment about my last post but one. Thanks - But my real comment is "Gee, and she doesn't look a thing like ANYone in your family..." Love, Rebecca

Jen said...

JaneAnne,

Just found your blog and I had to comment and say your darling daughter is so obviously a Peterson descendent, I'm laughing! I hope you don't care if I lurk.

Jennie