Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mmmmmmmm.

I just had the yummiest lunch. Stale-ish artisan baguette (kept in plastic bag for the last few days so it's not completely dry and hard), thinly sliced on the diagonal and toasted. Spread with homemade hummus, then topped with thinly sliced cucumber (from my parents' garden) and thickly sliced Brandywine tomato (from my own garden), and a little salt. Number Two even had a couple of bites. He liked it well enough to ask for another bite after the first one, but not enough to clamor for the whole thing (as he is sometimes wont to do, when he likes what I'm eating better than what he's been served).

No big secrets to making homemade hummus. I just get this stuff and follow the recipe on the side of the package (using homemade chicken stock, of course).

Happy tummy.

2 comments:

MWR said...

Chicken stock in hummus . . . well I never!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's what the vegetarian said when I fed her some last year (in my defense, I didn't know she was veggie when I offered). She wasn't much comforted when I assured her that it was made from free-range, organic chicken carcasses.