Sunday, April 19, 2009

Street of Eames

I went to this yesterday, thanks to Melissa giving me her ticket. It was awesome. I mean, just look at this ticket:



I tried to get the angle of the light just right so you could see the quality of the print job. Way cool. I went to six of the seven houses on the tour, and could have seen myself living in more than one. Many of them featured radiant heating in the floors, which I plan on incorporating into a future project at my house. One of them had a turntable in the driveway (!) which we'll never do here because we don't have a driveway to speak of, but it was super-kewl.

The best part about the whole thing? It's a benefit for homeless kids in Portland Public Schools. I can't imagine why I haven't gone before, but I'll be sure to go again. And again.

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Hopefully I'll be with you the next time. I'm up for anything kewl!

Sara said...

I am always up for a tour. I love how the "e" outlines a chair! I am weird and keep ticket stubs so this is definitely one I wish I had. Hmm, next year.