Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dear Readers

You may have noticed that all the pictures disappeared from my blogs a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to figure out a way to fix it, to no avail. Google (who could fix everything with a couple of keystrokes, I'm certain) does not have anything remotely resembling actual customer service. A few forays into the help discussion groups hasn't gotten me anywhere other than reposting all my pictures (doable, but a major and time-consuming pain). So, I'll post new material (I remain relatively confident that newly-posted pictures will not disappear), and re-load old stuff as time permits.

Anyone know an easy way to restore the Blogger NavBar? I deleted it originally to make things cleaner, but now I think it would be nice to have a way for my faithful readers to search more easily.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Sorry to hear/see about the pictures. That is so frusterating! I agree that google makes it difficult to resolve problems on your own, that is coming from experience. I do like reading your blog and I hope that pictures in the future will stay on for you.

Johnna said...

One way to restore your navbar is to go into your Blogger Dashboard. Choose Layout, PIck New template, and choose this template again.

Johnna said...

rather than reposting my pictures to blogger/google, I'd repost them to a server space you have more control of, then correct the image URLs in your old posts to point to the new place where your pictures are.

Or if you're me, you'd just figure that past is past, and not worry about supplying old pictures to random researching strangers on the internet. My friends are here for the new pictures, right?