Monday, February 16, 2009

The Squinchies

So, lately Cindy Lou has been "smiling" for the camera. You can see it a little in the chocolatey pictures below, but it's getting worse:



She'll grow out of it, right?

Here's one of all three kids looking adorable, if I do say so myself. Cindy Lou is modeling Newton's new basketball shoes. She'll put on whichever pair is closest (though she gets frustrated at how quickly her brother's flip-flops fall off her feet).


Here's a closeup of Cindy Lou's rock n' roll tshirt (a handmedown from the Wizard):


Here's where you'll find me and Newton almost every night after the little kids are in bed. Right now we're in book 10 of Lemony Snicket. Wonder what we'll attack next? Possibly the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia. Or maybe it's time to start The Lord of the Rings (we've already read all the Harry Potters).


And finally, a long-ish video of what Cindy Lou acts like these days. You get to see her walk, babble, and even get a little bit upset, plus you get commentary and coughing from the ailing, feverish Wizard. She's the best baby ever. But I might be a little biased.

5 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

oh that is so cute. Great video. And tell Cindy Lou I know just how she feels, there are times that I just know what needs to be done, but can't quite do it! So frustrating. Thanks for the peek!

The Laundry Queen said...

Big scrunches (or squinches) his nose up when he smiles, too. Makes his eyes all but disappear he's so good at it. I think it started at about Cindy Lou's age, too. Hmmm. I'll let you know when he grows out of it.

It's good to see the Lou-ster walking around. Her gait reminds me a bit of the way the Wizard walked. Guess they're related.

M.O.Kelly said...

Such cute kids! I wanted to suggest a few of Joe Pseudonym's favorite read-alouds: Susan Cooper's Grey King series and Salman Rushdie's Haroun and the Sea of Stories.

Anonymous said...

We read Haroun last year. Isn't it fun? I'll have to check out the Grey King series.

Janet Kincaid said...

I haven't outgrown my squinchy face. I've tried and tried, but to no avail. I think some of us are just meant to be squinchy.