Friday, August 8, 2008

Coasting

When the Laundry Queen and her family were visiting, we took a few days to stay at the beach house of some friends. We hadn't been there before. The entrance to the house is on the side away from the beach, and the main living area is one floor above. When the Laundry Queen and I walked up the stairs, this is the view that greeted us:



Wow. It's a little hard to see in the video, so here's a view of the same scene from the deck:



Oh, the joy of that view! A peaceful thrill. Maybe it's more pronounced for my sister and me, since we grew up here and have many happy coast memories. Anyway, our stay at the beach was fantastic. You can see about a million pictures at my sister's blog, but here are just a few from our camera (plus I took the picture of my sister she's using in her profile).

The Wizard in one of his few happy beach moments (Pen, Newton, Ginger and Bud visible in the background).


Mad photog the Laundry Queen (who snapped about 500 shots in three days!).


After returning to the valley, we had a few more days of cousin fun before they had to leave. The Wizard and Bud played really well together. Here they are enjoying their See's suckers:


Sharing a tub:


Here's the Laundry Queen's whole fam damily, on the morning of their departure:

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

The family picture turned out cute! I leaned a little to the side so Rophone could sit down and then never righted myself, and Rophone looks way happy, but it's great! I'll definitely need a copy.

Thanks for playing hostess! We had a super time!

PhatNat said...

Some of my best memories are hang'n with my cousins. How great to be able to vacation together!

Heather Richardson said...

Perfect Vacation = family (cousins mostly the same age who play well together, siblings/in-laws who all play well together), WATER, nice digs and relaxation. My favorite kind. Congratulations on a great summer getaway!
p.s. I've enjoyed lurking on your sister's blog this year...

Jen said...

I love the pics and now I'm yearning for the beach! But, I thought my crazy Dad was the only one in the world who said Fam Damily. How funny is that?