Monday, August 11, 2008

Aren't I Pretty?



Voilà the Wizard's first ever attempt at drawing a person. I've been a really lazy mama in the crayon-to-paper department, I admit, because I generally avoid super-close supervision of my children and don't like the crayon-to-woodwork results of breaking out the art supplies. So this was the first time I sat down with him and encouraged him to draw a specific thing, instead of just making abstract multicolored scribbles. So, this is my face. The eyes are pretty obvious, I think. The line above them is my hair. The two parallel lines below them are my lips. The small vertical line between my lips is my nose, and the bottom mark is my bum (what a sweet kid to make it so small!). The small dots on the sides are the corners of my mouth.

I can't remember how old Newton was, exactly, when I sat down with him for a similar exercise. His person had fingers and toes in the appropriate number, but I can't remember if it had hands or feet. It's always fun to see how many parts they think they need for the drawing to be complete--I keep asking "What else?" without suggesting anything in particular, until they say they're done.

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

You're right, the EYE is obvious. I love that the only non-facial body part he included was your bum.

The Laundry Queen said...

Oh, okay. I see the other eye now. I guess it was the one eyebrow that threw me.

The Laundry Queen said...

Plus, some nasty fingerprints on my screen from Big obscured it a bit. I'm done now.

PhatNat said...

You are beautiful in any shade....!
Zel went through a period where he wouldn't draw me-just his dad! He would draw our family and completly leave me out. Boy oh boy- analyze that!