Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Threes Meme

My sister recently started blogging (about time!) and tagged me for this Threes meme. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 obsessions/collections and 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of the post by leaving their names and then let them know they've been tagged by commenting on their blog.

3 Joys (I won't list my husband and children here--that's way too obvious)
1. Living in Portland
2. Sleeping in
3. Dual-tuner DVR

3 Fears
1. Driving off the Fremont Bridge (I cross it at least twice a day most days, since it's on the most direct route between our house and Newton's school)

2. Supreme Court Justice Antonin "Nino" Scalia (seriously--I once had a nightmare about him when I was in law school)
3. Losing my mind

3 Goals
1. Play more with my kids
2. Do better at letting the unimportant things go
3. Stop bugging my eyes out all the time. I'm mostly unaware I'm doing it, but when I see candid shots taken while I'm talking, or myself on video, I can see as how small children could be frightened.

3 Obsessions/Collections
1. Table linens
2. Materials for never-finished or even never-begun projects. 80% of these are sewing/craft projects, the rest mostly home improvement.
3. Stone bead necklaces

3 Random Facts
1. I can touch the tip of my tongue to my nose



2. I hate having polish on my fingernails
3. I was a really really really picky eater as a child--like, I'm so glad none of my kids (knocking on wood) are as bad as I was. I would pick every single little bit of minced onion out of my spaghetti sauce or off my Big Mac. I'm amazed my mom put up with it at all.

I tag my childhood friends Krista and Nat, and grownup friends The Scary Feminists from Hell (if any of them are so inclined).

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Maybe it's the bugging out eyes/glasses combo that keeps Bud away. I have to warn you that Big seems to not like women.

I must admit that after seeing Grandma at Easter, I am afraid of losing my mind, too.

PhatNat said...

I was a tag virgin!!!!! Thanks JA. I'm going to sing it all day long.... "I've been tagged, I've been tagged!"
I think one of my fears now will be seing JA touch her nose with her tongue!

nat!

Tanner Family Blog said...

Fascinating!!! First of all, what is a dual-tuner DVR?? I might need to get one. Second, I need to talk to you about the joys of living in Portland...I'm just not feeling it right now, and third, I am cracking up about the "nino" dream!

Anonymous said...

Dual-tuner DVR is what I got when we upgraded to digital cable. I can record two shows at once, and even watch another recording while those two are taping. It's fab. Definitely don't get one if you want to watch less TV. :)