Friday, March 14, 2008

Five Months Old

The bebe, or Cindy Lou, which I might start calling her, is now five months old. Such a big girl, and still just practically perfect in every way. Her hair on the sides has really been falling out--when she stirs in her sleep she turns her head back and forth, and there is a collection of fine brown hairs in her bed at the head end--so she has kind of a mohawk, with extra wispies over the ears. Not a style I'd necessarily pick for her, but I'm curious to see how it plays out. Yesterday I took advantage of the light streaming into my bedroom (on the west side of the house) to take these natural-light shots. The light varies some from clouds passing in front of the sun.












I managed to get Mr. Middle (how's that for a blog name? I'm still thinking of possibilities, and neither Odin nor The Hammer seem to fit him all that well) to pose with her a bit, but he was being extra squirrelly and kept having to be cajoled back to the pillow:





5 comments:

Swizzies said...

See, now she looks a TON like you.

And CUTE pictures!!!

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Absolutely adorable, JA! Scrumptious.

Birrd said...

I've never seen hair like that-- I love it! I've seen lots of babies totally bald in back-- Cindy Lou's style is much much cuter. And she has quite a lot of hair for someone her age. She has as much as Roo, and Roo is two... sigh.

Anyway, those are beautiful pictures and she's one beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little pink macaroon!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's her most obnoxiously pink outfit, and certainly the only obnoxiously pink thing I've bought for her. I bought it to use as pajamas, but put her in it the other day after her first (much cuter, of course) outfit was a poop blowout casualty. Oh well!