Thursday, November 22, 2007

Heirlooms and Shiners

Last Sunday I put the bebe in a dress (?) that I wore as a tiny baby (per my mom). Since we were born in different seasons, she wore actual clothes underneath (I'm sure I probably only wore some kind of decorative panty). It's fine white batiste with machine-made lace and very very fine hand embroidery. Wait until you see the even-prettier number that was my mother's and will be the right size next summer!



Number Two's shiner is developing nicely. I'm not sure how well you can see it here, but I did love this picture:



Here it's maturing even more, into that nice yellow-green shade. It should be gone in a few days.



Number Two got his hands on the camera the other day when Mavis and I were gone to Number One's parent-teacher conference. He was trying to see the pictures on it, and ended up taking some of his own. Here's a representative shot, showing his bejammied legs and his big brother's bare ones (big brother and the babysitter were playing Yahtzee and not paying overmuch attention to Number Two's activities!):



And speaking of Number One's conference, well, his teacher said he's a model student. Doing well in every subject, never disruptive in class, a great example to the other kids, eagerly helpful to the teacher--hard to believe it's the same kid we have to nag and nag and nag and nag and nag to do his writing homework. But hey--I'm not complaining!

1 comment:

Swizzies said...

Heh, I'm sure you ran around as an infant in a semi-sheer white minidress with "only a decorative panty underneath." A hussy from the start, miss "Look, how cute is my floral bra??!"

You crack me up. And that is one damn cute baby. And Number Two too...