Monday, June 4, 2007

Angelic Imps

Number Two likes to try on his brother's baseball cap:



And look: a rare shot where Number One's smile doesn't look terribly grimace-y!



The orange shorts were a gift to Number One from Auntie Swizzies lo these many years ago. The elastic in the waist is totally dying, but they are too cute to give up.

Number Two is about the cutest kid imaginable, but lately we're all growing increasingly frustrated with his unwillingness/inability to use actual intelligible words. He's got a large repertoire of animal noises, and knows what sounds most letters of the alphabet make (and he knows all his letters and numbers), but he's just not putting sounds together to make words. This weekend he seemed to be taking an Ugly American approach to making himself understood: if they don't get it the first time, say it slower and louder. Lots of shouting (fortunately mostly in a happy tone of voice), not much communicating. Sigh.

Oh, and because I know you've all been dying to know, it looks like Number Three's in utero name will be Ingeborg. Recognizably (to reggler 'Murrican folks) Scandinavian + odd enough that we'd never actually use it + popped into my head before I got to that section of the name book (and before I'd read MWR's "Inger" suggestion => hint of synchronicity) = perfect choice.

3 comments:

hm-uk said...

What lovely boys! I love orange - it's such a zen colour. To answer your previous question, I know Janet from a message board. She's been instrumental in convincing me that a blog would be good, however, I only did the deed after signing up for a Google account so I could post on your blog. In essence, you're a bit responsible for my public writing. If you'd like to check out my fledgling blog, feel free...Janet's got the address. You'd be my second 'deliberate' guest and I'd love to know what you think. hm

Swizzies said...

Wow - those orange shorts are the same ones I bought for Anders?? Cool. What cute boys you have. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yup, the very same ones. They went through two other cousins in between. The yellow shirt with the duckies on it (which you gave with the shorts) is one of Number Two's favorites, but it's a bit stained to be truly presentable.

Yeah, they're cute. Hard to believe now I ever worried about whether Number Two would live up to Number One's cuteness level. But I do have to wonder now just what form Ingeborg's cuteness will take--the boys are quite different, I think.