Sunday, December 7, 2008

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man



The Wizard's drawing skills are progressing. Here he is holding a picture he drew of our family. Notice the enclosed heads (not just floating features like before), attached legs, and smiling faces. Super cute. He also can now write his name, and other words with not-too-hard-to-form letters, like TOE. We're working on fitting the whole alphabet on the MagnaDoodle screen.

Now if we can just get him to stop changing his mind every two seconds, use some initiative in entertaining himself (instead of asking, "Mommy, what can I do?"), and get himself out of bed to get a drink of water instead of crying until we come and waking his sister in the process.

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

It's the age. Bud does the same with his covers.."Mo-om, I need my covers on!", "Mo-ohm, I need to be covered up!" He monotones this over and over until I wake up and come in to do it. EVEN THOUGH HIS COVERS ARE RIGHT AT HIS FEET! It drives me nuts, but at least he also doesn't get out of bed when he shouldn't, which is nice.