Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Two Months Old

The bebe is two months old, and practically perfect in every way. Seriously, she is a really great baby. Eats well, sleeps well, good-natured, cute, doing all the things she is supposed to be doing. I know, I know, just wait until she is a teenager. Ha! If she's anything like her oldest brother, I can expect her to start acting like one some time mid-way through first grade.

Here she is in my favorite outfit for her at the moment--one I bought for her after she was born and I saw what she really looked like, as opposed to what she looked like in my imagination. I think she looks great in brown (which looks HIDEOUS on me!). If you can't tell in this medium, the pants are velveteen. The shoes were originally a gift from me to my niece, J&J's youngest, and now fit the bebe perfectly. The outfit sadly no longer does--note how the sleeves are practically three-quarter length. In the first shot she is smiling at Daddy, and yes, that's spitup.






Note that she still has brown hair! She also has a pretty severe case of hat-head. Longer hair = more mess-up-able. It's not quite as dark as it seemed when she was first born, more of a medium-brown chestnut color like some on my mom's side (my mom or her brother, though my mom had blond hair as a child) than my dad's (or grandmother's) very dark brown. I've looked through the slides we've scanned so far for a good picture of my grandmother, whom I think the bebe resembles and for whom we've named her. This was the best one I could find (isn't this just the perfect picture of Christmas 1964?), of my grandparents, uncle (my dad's brother--yes, they look alike) and aunt.



Here is a zoom-in on just my grandmother (obviously we'll have to scan the slides at higher res if we intend to do this to any of the others):



Can you see it? I can especially see it in the mouth and chin.

Finally, a couple of bonus shots of Number Two, because he likes having his picture taken (as opposed to Number One). The schmutz around his mouth is the remnants of tonight's dinner, chicken with mole poblano.



3 comments:

Swizzies said...

She's such a pretty baby! I love the outfit. And Number Two is still a wee cutie himself. I guess Number One is too cool for photos now? :-)

Bebe's birth announcement is so cute!!

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

I love Shiny Happy People! And the baby: wow! She's just so striking and pretty.

Loved the birth announcement!

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks! Yeah, Number One is too cool for pics. You'll get one shot of him looking less than fully happy about being photographed with our Christmas letter. I'll post another (with a classically sullen look) on my blog.