Tuesday, September 4, 2007

One of the cutest things I've ever seen . . .

. . . is Number One cradling Number Two on his lap in the rocking chair in his darkened room, and softly singing him a Wiggles song (the last two nights it was "Can You Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist?") at bedtime. I would take a picture if it wouldn't totally spoil the moment.

Speaking of Number Two, in the last couple of weeks his verbal expression has really taken off. Not too many two-word combinations yet, but new words pretty much every day, some quite garbled but others remarkably clear. I'll have to take some new video of him singing along with the alphabet song (almost up to tempo now), or chiming in with the last word of every phrase of "Popcorn Popping," à la Flavor Flav.

I keep thinking one of these days I'll actually have a good food idea that I need to post, but with getting ready for school to start (tomorrow!), and all the work on my house (this week and last it's the painters, who are needing a little more supervision/correction/tattling on than would be ideal for my stress/fatigue level--tomorrow I'm going to have to call their boss so he'll make them redo the sloppy window over-glazing they did on Saturday), and just being so darn pregnant, I haven't quite gotten there. I promise there'll be something to post by the weekend, though--this Saturday is book group, and the local produce couldn't be much more bounteous.

2 comments:

hm-uk said...

I can just imagine the scene...what sweeties. The little one I take care of is just getting the hang of making the right sounds for his words, too. He's been trying for the past six months and is ever so chatty though it does sound like Cantonese. I'm telling you you've got a potential math genius - there seems to be a correlation...

Anonymous said...

Well, since Number One (who was verbal quite early) is a certified math genius, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for his brother to follow in his footsteps.

This week he's started reading letters and numbers off signs when we're driving in the car. It's cute how excited he gets.