Thursday, September 27, 2007

The NYTimes loves Portland

It hasn't been that long since they featured us, right? I know I posted about it here. But here they go again.

Sorry no posts recently. The most exciting food I've eaten since I last posted was something you can't get for yourself: Columbia River fall Chinook salmon less than 12 hours out of the water (caught by my father, who was in town for a visit), grilled with olive oil and fresh thyme (by my brother). Just a few days after their successful fishing trip, the fall Chinook season was closed. I have the second half of the fish (it was a 12-pounder) in my freezer, but it won't be as good as the first half by definition. I'm thinking we'll probably eat it in a couple of weeks when folks come from out of town to meet Ingeborg.

And speaking of Ingeborg, I'm now officially full-term so technically she could come at any time. I'm not expecting it to happen for at least another week or two, though. Been doing some more work on finding a name, and coming up not much better than empty-handed.

Number Two says new words every day, and communication is becoming easier and easier. I'm still asking a lot of yes/no questions, but fewer than before (yay!). One recent small victory was when he decided that he no longer needed to be carried up the stairs from the basement--I was pretty sure that I would end up having to make two trips every time, and so far I still will on the descent. I hope we're able to give him enough loving attention that he doesn't feel left out when his sister arrives.

1 comment:

Heather Richardson said...

when his SISTER arrives! that is SO exciting! good luck and good health for these next few weeks!