Saturday, July 21, 2007

What to Do in the Summer When It Rains










And I forgot to blog about a conversation I had in the waiting room at the lab when I went to do my one-hour glucose tolerance test last week.

Chatty Cathy: "So, how far along are you?"

Me: "26 weeks."

CC: "Wow, you're really big for only being that far along."

Me: "Well, it is my third." (What else could I say? Yeah, I'm a fat cow??!!)

CC: "Let me just tell you, if you get the tubal ligation, it really kills."

Me (trying to get back to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; I think that's where I was in my pre-release re-read): "I think I'll be avoiding that."

Mr. CC, chiming in: "So he's going to get the old snip-snip?"

Oh. My. Gosh.

3 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

That Number Two is just adorable! And Number One is getting handsomer every day. Cute kids, JaneAnne!

hm-uk said...

What a pair of w*nkers you had to sit beside, at the doc's. Hope you don't have to share a room with them after the birth, too. See, now that's something that would happen to me...inverted Luck o' the Irish! I've been thinking of baby names for you, by the way. I'm still stumped.

Anonymous said...

Fortunately they were only lab customers, there for who knows what (quite likely drug tests for their jobs), so the likelihood of ending up in the same room with them again is near zero. Thank goodness.