Friday, April 27, 2007

Mmmmm, pastries

So I popped into St. Honoré Boulangerie today, to see if they would have brioches available tomorrow when I need them for my book group brunch (stay tuned for recipes!), and I did happen to notice that they had small sort-of-individual (ie., one person could eat one, but probably wouldn't feel good about themselves afterward) St. Honoré cakes. So, Swizzies, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeze come visit me, and I will make sure we get one every day.

They probably won't have the brioches by when I need them tomorrow (darn!), but that didn't keep me from buying a pain au chocolat and a mille feuilles for my afternoon snack (I did share the pain au chocolat with Number Two). My question is, Is it ever possible to eat a mille feuilles without the custard gooshing out the sides? Seriously, because that reminded me why I very rarely buy them (usually opting for éclairs, with their more-easily-contained pastry cream).

1 comment:

Swizzies said...

Mmm. Pastry cream is drooly good. Who cares if it's contained in its pastry clothing or not? It should be gushing out nakedly and oozing all over your happy self as you slurp it down.

Eat a St Honore cake - you won't hate yourself afterward. Well, maybe just a little bit. :-)