Thursday, February 1, 2007

Why?

Why, if you are an otherwise-normal-seeming, pregnant young mother, would you let your facial hair sprout apparently completely unmolested? Just to see how thick it will get? I'm not a big deforestation practitioner (I'm coming up on my 20-year anniversary of not shaving my legs), but I do believe in occasionally shaving my armpits, regularly grooming my eyebrows, and immediately uprooting the smallest hairs that dare sprout from the moles on my chin. The woman I saw at the library today was sporting a small tuft on each of her chins (clearly visible from six feet away) and they kind of looked like pubes. Ew.

2 comments:

Swizzies said...

Ye gods. I don't even like the chin pube look on men; on women? Well, there oughta be a law.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the pregnancy has knocked her hormones so out of whack and the hairs grow so fast she can't keep up some days?

But I think it's a must to keep up one's appearances when pregnant. Grooming only gets harder AFTER the baby arrives.