Monday, January 14, 2008

Three Months Old

The bebe turned three months old this weekend, and she's still a dreamy baby. Still sleeps and eats great, and she's generally happy. At our big shindig last weekend, a friend was holding her for a while and said, "Is she always this chill?" Yeah, pretty much. She kicks her legs, waves her arms, coos (a LOT--definitely more of a talker like my side of the family, except that she doesn't interrupt!) and smiles, and she's starting to bat at things and clutch and pick at my clothing while eating.



Today I dressed her up in her utterly gorgeous and utterly impractical (cashmere blend, trimmed in hand-dyed silk!?!? It's all my fault, though, because I picked the materials) outfit made by her Auntie K. The color goes just perfectly with her eyes.





A bonus shot of sweet Number Two:



Oh, and since I mentioned the shindig, I'll give just a brief rundown: 14 lbs of slow-roasted Boston butt; 10 lbs of russets + 3 lbs of garnet yams + 1 bunch of kale + one large yellow onion made into orange and green mashed potatoes; an assortment of side dishes brought by thoughtful guests; killer pumpkin bread pudding with bourbon toffee sauce made by sil J; 28 people for dinner; four tables, including in the living room and entry hall, plus two people on the couch; $260 raised for the Sisters of the Road (next year the designated receptacle will be more clearly marked so no one forgets). The party can't keep growing the way it's been doing and still occur at my house, so I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. Limit attendance to the first x number of responders? Cull the guest list? Start offending people so they don't want to come, anyway? Change the date to a warmer time of year so we can set up the party tent in the back yard?

Oh, and because I know you want to know, my washing machine is still broken, which means all the table linens from the party are in a pile on my bedroom floor. We're supposed to have a new motor by Wednesday at the latest.

5 comments:

Swizzies said...

All your new photos are heartachingly awesome. Bebe in that blue outfit is breathtaking. Number Two has an angel face.

Wow.

When you bringing them across the pond??

Mwah!

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Rent a tent and heaters and hold it in the backyard on the same date?

Great pics here, too!

Anonymous said...

Aaawwwww, I was just thinking about how much I like baby pictures, and here are two loaded posts! Love the crazy knit outfit. And YES, Bebe does look like a Who -- so cute.

Mary Ellen said...

Here's to gloriously beautiful, completely impractical outfits! Bebe is gorgeous. Thanks for the great pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Di, much as I would love to haul them all over there for a visit, the thought of at least two really long flights with a baby and a two-year-old makes me just really, really tired. But for sure we'd love it if you could fit us in on your next trip stateside! Or even figure out a way to rendezvous in Utard.